If you are running scooter rental startup or have any business idea to enter in the escooter market, then this blog is for you. In this blog, we have mentioned why scooter rental startup or company needs a scooter rental app. These mentioned reasons are written on the basis of discussion with one of our on-demand app experts, who keeps researching and analyzing the on-demand and other growing industries.
Go back 20-25 years in time, when the Internet was nothing but a luxury, and ecommerce was something that people were slowly getting to know about. Did you ever think the world would fast forward to something like on demand in a span of 20 years? It might have been unimaginable, but it is the truth of the hour today. We see a lot of people actually eyeing the on-demand industry like a hawk, waiting to gain an opportunity between the gaps that exist, and devise a solution that will sell like hotcakes.
Uber, the on-demand cab service, introduced the on-demand niche to the market, and ever since it has become the need of the hour. Apart from on-demand solutions, the mobile app industry has gone from just aiding businesses to becoming a valuable part of the user’s life. They offer convenience, bring forth plenty of opportunities, and allow the users to get everything at the tap of their fingers.
Coming back to the topic of the hour, the scooter rental company, the need for technology has become inevitable for the industry. What used to be operated manually requires technology just so that they can map the different locations and offer convenience. The tough competition in the user-centric market has called for differentiation in how the services are offered to the end user. Before we move on to understanding why a scooter rental company requires a mobile app, let’s understand the scooter rental market in detail.
The Scooter Rental Market
The e-scooter market has been growing since its inception in 2002 i.e. the year when Segway was first introduced to the markets. Today, the companies offer e-scooters have devised ways to increase the battery life and remove the extra costs attached to the e-scooters, thus making them an economical mode of transport.
- The fuel cost for 5 miles is around $2.93, which is less than what you would pay for a cup of coffee.
- A lot of e-scooter startups are coming up in the market, and each one of them has become popular owing to its offerings and the demand for the e-scooters.
- The Li-ion battery-based e-scooters are gaining more popularity as compared to the others as they run longer and offer better capacity.
- In 2018, the global market size for e-scooters was valued at $17.43Bn. The CAGR for this period was 8.5%.
- The global e-scooter market size based on the voltage can be segregated into four categories- 24V, 36V, 48V and the greater than 48V. The market in 2018 was dominated by the 36V category, as it not only offers greater compatibility but also better power output as against the other categories.
- The greater than 48V category is definitely fast growing as the CAGR for this category was recorded at 12.7% in 2018.
- To enhance the market choices and boost the e-scooter markets, new high voltage batteries are going to be introduced that will offer recovery along with start-stop features, which aim to reduce the carbon dioxide emissions in the environment.
- While researching and analyzing the scooter rental market, we came across the latest news about Berlin and Barcelona-based micro mobility startup named Wind Mobility. This Europe, Israel and Asia-based startup has disclosed $50 million in Series A funding. This new round of funding is backed by existing investors.
- Another European scooter company named Dott has raised another round of capital. This time, this Amsterdam-based scooter company has raised $34 million. This funding amount comes after the firm raised $23 million, bringing its total as $56.6 million.
Based on these statistics, one can say that the e-scooter market is on the growth, and as it offers incredible value to the end users, the rental options and opportunities are also growing. You will need to identify a gap and think through your idea before you can devise a solution-based mobile app for the industry.
However, if you are already running a scooter rental business, and have not adopted technology, then it is the right time to enter the market. With fewer competitors and larger scope, the market is ready to accept you at the moment. However, if you are not convinced on why you need a scooter rental app or Uber electric scooter app, then let us walk you through the reasons.
3 Reasons Scooter Rental Companies Need a Scooter Rental App
1. Increases visibility of the business
What is the first place you tend to go to when you need a particular service or when you are looking for some new opportunity? The mobile app is the obvious answer. Without a mobile app, your scooter rental business remains unknown to the masses, who will be interested in hiring scooters.
The mobile app will help them know in detail about your business, the pricing, and what all services you offer. It will give them complete insight into how you conduct the scooter rental business, and how you work. The visibility of businesses is nurtured by their online presence, which right now is all about escooter apps. Being a scooter rental company, you can create your own custom scooter rental app, allowing users to book a scooter directly from the app.
2. Easy searching rides, bookings and other features for riders
When it comes to booking a ride, mobile apps are the best way to ensure it. With an escooter application, you will be able to offer the convenience of allowing the users to book their rides while they are still at home. The dockless rides allow them to take the scooters, ride to the destination, and then park it in the dockyard.
The mobile apps make life easier for both you as the scooter rental business, as well as the users hiring the services. The electronic vehicle app will not only allow the users to book their rides, but also check on the rates for the particular rides, and the availability of the rides. In some cases, when the rides are unavailable, your mobile app will automatically update the users, thus giving them complete insight into the inventory.
3. On-the-go Payments
When it comes to payments for the ride that you have just taken, there are issues that the customers face. For instance, you need to have cash on hand or, you need to have a card with you. What if your users don’t want to carry either and go cashless?
Image Credit: Bird App
This is possible with a mobile app. Right from scanning the barcode to unlock the bike to going cashless, the mobile app offers exclusivity to the end users. With the mobile payments, you simply need the e-scooter app like Bird to complete the entire process starting from booking the ride to paying for it. This kind of convenience will help you increase the user base, thus increasing the revenue for your business.
Scooter rental services are gaining momentum as they ease users life, not just in terms of mobility, but also from monetary aspects. A good scooter rental service will need a mobile app just to increase business visibility and improve business conversions. Only when the user will know about the business and gets the convenience they seek, will they be able to rent the services from the business.
So, if you are running scooter rental business or planning to start your own scooter rental startup, it’s a high time to have your own scooter rental apps like Lime and Bird. The mobile app like Bird will connect users with your scooter rental services nearby and book a scooter with just a few clicks.
However, if you have any scooter rental app idea in mind, cross verify it with us as we are a leading mobile app development company and have already developed over 3500 mobile apps of different categories.
In case, if you still have any doubt or query like escooter rental app development cost, Indian app developers cost for scooter rental app, on-demand app solution for your scooter rental business, how long does it take to create escooter app like Bird and Lime-S, just fill our contact us form. One of our sales representatives will get back to you shortly. The consultation won’t cost you any money.
You may also like:
This page was last edited on April 20th, 2020, at 4:26.