The viral wave of Faceapp has brought an urge to Faceapp alternatives in the app world. With the guidance of one of our expert photo editing app developers, we have rounded up the 7 best Faceapp alternatives of 2020. If you are keen on knowing close competitors of the app along with their features to develop a better photo editing app of your own, this blog will give you some intricate information regarding the photo app genre.
Space-O Technologies have been in the mobile application development genre since 2010, which gives us more experience and an eye to analyze the upcoming trends in the app world. As there is an evergreen segment of apps like Uber, the same goes for the Faceapp alternatives.
The technological enhancement of the apps is reaching new heights with the help of Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence, Neural Networks. At first place, no one had an idea to have such hilarious photo edits in just a click on their 5-inch handy screens.
What is FaceApp?
FaceApp is a photo editing app and is available for both os platforms- iOS and Android. It is developed by Wireless Lab, a company based in Russia. The app is known for generating highly realistic transformations of human faces in photographs by using neural networks based on artificial intelligence. The app has become one of the most popular photo apps.
So, if you are planning to enter the photo editing app development genre, you need to go through the best Faceapp alternatives or apps like FaceApp to better understand their offerings and your biggest competition in the market.
7 Best Faceapp Alternative to Look Upon Before Developing Photo Editing App
Meitu is a China-based photo editing app that has over 1million subscribers. The image editing application has a very cool UI/UX design with brilliant filters that give instant beautification to the photo just like the FaceApp Hollywood filger. A user can also customize body features and has Snapchat like capabilities of enlarging eyes, an option that paints a photo similar to stepping out of an anime.
Image Credit: Meitu
Features of the Meitu app
- AI technology detects facial features and adds cute motion stickers or hand-drawn effects to the face when taking a selfie through the app.
- The app has a cloud service with smart customer service while collecting and saving an enormous amount of data in real-time.
- Meitu app has patented M-Face recognition technology which learns every detail of the face for precise retouching.
Oldify is an app from a series of apps by Apptly. The company develops Augmented Reality based photo and video editing apps like Oldify to make a face look older, Stachify to add a mustache on a face, Vampify to transform a face to look like a Vampire, and so on.
Oldify is probably the best app that makes you look old. The app also has amazing animation and lets the users record their videos while they make the coughing and yawning noises like an old person.
Image Credit: Oldify
Features of the Oldify app
- The app transforms a user appearance in real-time with live video filters like a zombie, astronaut, or panda.
- Using Augmented Reality technology, the subtle filters like making beard on a face, or a tiger mask is also possible.
- The mathematical algorithms of the app are highly optimized to achieve stellar performance on both modern and on legacy ones.
3. Aging Booth
What will you look like when you are old? This was discovered since 2010 when the Aging Booth app was developed. Currently, the app is on 2nd rank in the App Store and in the top 50 Google Play store list. As per the Sensor Tower data, the aging app has been downloaded by over 2.2 million times in the last few weeks on iOS alone. This is an amazing face aging app that instantly ages face photos.
Image Credit: Aging Booth
Features of the Aging Booth App
- The app can be used without internet and the face can be transformed instantly.
- The photos can be shared on Facebook, Twitter, or through Email, MMS.
- It auto-crops the photo using face detection and allows to choose a face from the many same photos.
If anyone is confused about how the tattoo will look on him, this app is designed for them. InkHunter app idea was originated during 48 hours of hackathon back in July 2014 by a group of software engineers based in Ukraine. The app lets a user take a snap of his AR tattoo and gives an idea before it is inked forever. The Faceapp alternative has a diverse library of sketches or a user can upload their own artistic designs to refer how the actual will look like.
Image Credit: InkHunter
Features of the InkHunter app
- The app can portray a tattoo on any part of the body from different angles.
- The tattoos look real with the use of advanced photo editor and can make it seem real.
- The app also has features like adaptive custom sketch uploader, the ability to remove photos/sketches from the gallery, and navigation and search features for the tattoo gallery.
5. Genies App
Through this app, everyone can now have a digital identity. The Genies app is a California-based top competitor of SnapChat’s popular Bitmoji. More than 1million people engage in this Faceapp alternative to create a customized digital lookalike of themselves. Genies app was launched in the year 2018 after raising $15million in stealth. Recently, the app has raised $10million and allows chatting through avatars. They can act out keywords and sentiments in reaction to what a user types. It can be shared across various digital platforms.
Image Credit: Genies
Features of the Genies app
- Genies can be integrated into dozens of messaging apps including Facebook, Whatsapp, iMessage. People feel comfortable communicating with expressive avatars.
- The company has detected over 180 dimensions of mood changes and express human emotion through digital simulacrums.
This photo editor app is all about cutting and pasting face in a photo. A user can create memes, funny photos, and also swap faces in the photo app. The photo can be decorated with in-built stickers, emojis, and text. Cupace is capable of manually extracting faces from any image if a user does not want to go ahead with face swapping or to add the face to any inanimate object.
Image Credit: Cupace
Features of the Cupace app
- It has a very simple algorithm of cutting and pasting the face. The app allows a user to magnify into the image so that the face cutout is as accurate as possible.
- The same photo can be pasted multiple times as well as reuse it on multiple photos.
7. Face Swap Live
The Face Swap Live is a New York-based app like Faceapp that allows users to swipe face with their friends in real-time. The user can swap face with celebrities, record videos or photos. The app switches faces live right from the camera’s video feed. There is no need for static photos. The app, in 2016, was ranked as 2nd best selling paid app in the App Store.
Image Credit: Face Swap Live
Features of the Face Swap Live App
- The app has a mast costume mode where the users can pick and choose a hat, glasses, beard for the photo to look hilarious.
- 3D filters and photos are available in the app that let a user edit their photos like a professional.
The photo editing app or photo video app world has undergone a huge transformation after the development of Faceapp. The technologies and algorithms are made seamlessly to give smooth transformations to a user’s face. In such a technologically apt genre, you will need a skilled mobile application development company team like us at your disposal.
We have contributed over 3500 mobile apps in the app world. Our dedicated team of photo editing app developers, who have experience of developing over 50 video and photo apps, develop customized photo editor apps with exclusive features like editing tools, filters, cartoon effects, photo collage, and manage and share tons of photos.
If you have any query or confusion regarding photo editing apps like VSCO, Snapseed, want to develop a Faceapp alternative, the cost to develop an app like Faceapp, how to hire mobile app developers for FaceApp alternative app development, fill our contact us form to get in touch with our sales representatives. We do take care of UI/UX design, app development, quality assurance, and maintenance. The consultation is free of cost.
You may like:
This page was last edited on August 5th, 2020, at 10:23.