Video sharing applications are all the rage as these apps provide users a medium to showcase their acting, dance, singing, and other skills. TikTok, the most popular video-sharing platform, is sheer proof of the same. Here are some of the statistics of the TikTok app:
- The application has around 800 million monthly active users in 155 countries.
- As per the SensorTower report, TikTok has around 2 billion downloads on the Google PlayStore and App Store.
- On average, a user spends around 52 minutes daily on the app.
Surprised to know the popularity of this social video app and want to build a similar app like TikTok, then this article is for you. Here, we have mentioned everything required to build an app just as TikTok.
- What is TikTok?
- How do video sharing apps like TikTok work?
- Basic features of an app like TikTok
- Advanced features you can add to make your app stand apart
- Teams and technologies needed to build an app like TikTok
- Cost of developing an app like TikTok
What is TikTok?
TikTok is a video-sharing social networking application where users can create and share videos online. The app is enjoying a humongous customer base from all across the world.
How does TikTok work?
TikTok allows its users to create videos and use several editing effects before posting them online. Users can also edit a video after it has been posted. It also enables them to upload videos and other film material on the platform.
Apart from this, the app has two more pages- For You and Suggestion Fields. To create a personalized “For You” page, TikTok examines various factors, such as video information, your interactions, account settings, and more. It also takes the videos you liked or the categories you have chosen into account for the same.
Basic features of an app like TikTok
For developing a video social networking app, you must prepare a list of its features beforehand. But, if creating video apps with music seems a time-consuming task to you, then you can think of developing an MVP (Minimum Viable Product) first.
Using this, you can get feedback from your targeted audience and then decide on the features to be added in the app. Here are the basic features that should be there in your music video apps that you can share on various social media platforms:
- Sign up and Sign in- To allow users to create an account and then log in it at any time from any device.
- Social sharing- To share the created videos on Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, and other social media platforms.
- Push notifications- To notify users about the new messages, likes, comments, updates, and more.
- Filters and effects- To beautify videos with various filters and effects.
- Video upload- To upload videos on your profile.
- Video editing- To edit videos for adding text or captions, and more.
- Like and comment- To allow users to like and comment on the uploaded videos.
- Profile creation and editing- To create and set up user profiles, and edit them, when needed.
- Admin management- To monitor videos for any spam, abusive, and adult content. Also, to delete and block users’ profiles.
Advanced features you can add to make your app stand apart
To make your app different from the other video making apps with music, you can add these exceptional features to your app:
- Video preview- To let users see the preview of videos before publishing.
- Real-time analytics- To check the live viewers and broadcasters. Also, to know the total number of comments and likes.
- Live video streaming- To go live on the video social network app.
- AR-based filters- To add fun to the videos by giving users the option to change the color of their eyes and hairs. Also, to place various objects (flowers, crown, hat, cap, etc.) on the head virtually.
- Duets- To allow two or more users to make a video together.
- Geolocation- To automatically fetch the location of the user and then display them the TikTokers broadcasting in their proximity.
Teams needed to build an app like TikTok
Developing a video sharing social network app like TikTok is not an overnight task. It requires a great deal of effort and a full-fledged development team to ensure flawless app development. The team required to build music video apps include:
- UI/UX designers
- Android or iOS developers
- Project managers
- Backend and frontend developers
- Quality test engineers
- Support and maintenance professionals
Once you set up the development team, decide the technology stack to begin the app development process.
Cost of developing an app like TikTok
Estimating the total cost of video-sharing social networking app development depends on these parameters:
- What is the size and location of your development team or the mobile app development company?
- Experience of the developers or the development team
- Features of your app
- Complexity of the app
- Tech stack used for developing the app
- UX/UI design of the app
- CCPA and GDPR compliance
Roughly, you might need to pay somewhere between USD 40,000 to USD 70,000 for the app development. The price may vary depending on your particular requirements.
What would be the best monetization strategy for an app like TikTok?
You can earn through your app using any of these strategies:
- In-app advertisements
- In-app purchases
- Subscription plans
You can also build a video sharing app and then sell it to a company.
How to create a video sharing app like TikTok?
Now, when you have decided to create a TikTok like application, then list down your specific requirements and then find a reliable mobile app development company or hire dedicated developers. Since there are a plethora of mobile app development companies available in the market, it is recommended to choose the one that offers you a good combination of quality and cost.
Select the one with experience in developing music video social applications; this would help you to ensure the success of your app. Also, if you choose to hire developers for your project, then hire them from a reliable resource or from a company that offers such services. Good luck with your video sharing app development project.
Video sharing applications like TikTok are high in demand. Since this most popular app (TikTok) has been banned by many countries, it is the right time to offer their users with the same app to create and upload videos online. Read this article to know the features, working, cost of development, and other things about the app that would help you built a similar app without any hassle. For the video-sharing app development, you can also contact a mobile app development company or hire mobile app developers.
Post Views: 382