When Epic finally launched Fortnite for Android, they attempted to find a way around giving Google a cut from any in-app purchases that might be made. This involved the company launching the app outside of the Play Store, although they later changed their minds. Unfortunately, several months later, Epic had another change of heart which saw them remove the game from the Play Store.
This leaves new players and players who deleted the game from their phones in a bind, and the question is, how do these gamers get Fortnite on their phones when it is no longer available through the Play Store? If you are curious, read on to find out.
How to download the Epic Games app
- On your Android phone, go to Epic’s website and download the Epic Games app
- You might be prompted with a warning, but tap “OK” to proceed anyway
- You might be prompted with a warning that says you cannot install apps from this source, but you can change that by going to your browsers settings
- Once the .apk file has been downloaded, tap “Open”
- Follow the instructions on the screen to install the app
How to install Fortnite through the Epic Games app
- Launch the Epic Games app on your Android phone
- Search for Fortnite
- Tap the “Install” button
- If you run into a message telling you that you cannot install apps from this source, click the settings and allow it
- Once installation is complete, tap “Launch”
How to install Fortnite for Samsung users
Thankfully, Epic’s beef with app stores taking a cut from in-app purchases has not extended to Samsung, which means that if you own a Samsung smartphone, you will be able to download the app through the Samsung Galaxy Store. All you need to do is search for Fortnite in the Galaxy Store and you’ll be able to proceed with its installation like usual.