WINDOWS 10 2004 UPDATE is started to rolling out for windows devices.
If you have a genuine windows device you can update to the latest version and enjoy the new features.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD/UPDATE TO THE LATEST VERSION
STEP 1- At the bottom left corner of the screen in search bar search for SETTINGS or UPDATES.
STEP 2- Click on Updates.
STEP 3- Click on Check for Updates. Below you will get FEATURE UPDATE TO WINDOWS 10 VERSION 2004.
STEP 4- Click on DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL.
The update size is quite large. I get frustrated for the first time when I downloaded it for the first time. It got stuck at 100%.
According to some estimations, the estimated size of the update is 4GB+. What is the size of the Windows 10 “2004” version update?
So, be patient while downloading the update.
WINDOWS 10 2004 NEW FEATURES
According to Microsoft, this update also contains all features and fixes included in previous cumulative updates to Windows 10, version 1909.
With each passing time, the Windows defender is getting stronger and stronger.
- Windows Hello is now supported as Fast Identity Online 2 (FIDO2) authenticator across all major browsers including Chrome and Firefox.
- You can now enable passwordless sign-in for Microsoft accounts on your Windows 10 device by going to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options, and selecting On under Make your device passwordless. Enabling passwordless sign-in will switch all Microsoft accounts on your Windows 10 device to modern authentication with Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, or PIN.
Windows Defender System Guard
With this improvement, the OS can detect a higher level of SMM compliance, enabling devices to be even more hardened against SMM exploits and vulnerabilities.
Wi-Fi 6 and WPA3
Windows now support the latest Wi-Fi standards with Wi-Fi 6 and WPA3. Wi-Fi 6 gives you better wireless coverage and performance with added security. WPA3 provides improved Wi-Fi security and secures open networks.
Tunnel Extensible Authentication Protocol (TEAP) has been added as an authentication method to allow chaining together multiple credentials into a single EAP transaction.
GRAPHICS & DISPLAY
New direct x 12 features are available in this release. Check out here the direct X features Dev Preview of New DirectX 12 Features
A new tablet experience for two-in-one convertible PCs is available. The screen will be optimized for touch when you detach your two-in-one’s keyboard, but you’ll still keep the familiar look of your desktop without interruption.
With this update, devices running Windows 10 Enterprise or Windows 10 Pro for Workstations with multiple displays can be configured to prevent Windows from using a display, making it available for a specialized purpose.
- Fixed-function arcade & gaming such as the cockpit, driving, flight, and military simulators,
- Medical imaging devices with custom panels, such as grayscale X-ray displays,
- Video walls like those displayed in Microsoft Store,
- Dedicated video monitoring,
- Independent Hardware Vendor (IHV) driver testing and validation.
Windows Update for Business
Windows Update for Business enhancements in this release include:
- Intune console updates: target version is now available allowing you to specify which version of Windows 10 you want devices to move to. Additionally, this capability enables you to keep devices on their current version until they reach the end of service. Check it out in Intune, also available as a Group Policy and Configuration Service Provider (CSP) policy.
- Validation improvements: To ensure devices and end-users stay productive and protected, Microsoft uses safeguard holds to block devices from updating when there are known issues that would impact that device. Also, to better enable IT administrators to validate on the latest release, we have created a new policy that enables admins to opt devices out of the built-in safeguard holds.
Cortana also has been updated and enhanced in Windows 10, version 2004:
- Productivity: chat-based UI gives you the ability to interact with the Cortana using typed or spoken natural language queries to easily get information across Microsoft 365 and stay on track. Productivity focused capabilities such as finding people profiles, checking schedules, joining meetings, and adding to lists in Microsoft To-Do are currently available to English speakers in the US.
- Security: tightened access to Cortana so that you must be securely logged in with your work or school account or your Microsoft account before using Cortana. Because of this tightened access, some consumer skills including music, connected home, and third-party skills will no longer be available.
- Move the Cortana window: drag the Cortana window to a more convenient location on your desktop.
FOR FULL INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTATION GO HERE: What’s new in Windows 10, version 2004 for IT Pros
Windows is saying that this update is for IT PROS. So, IT people will be glad, and if you have a genuine Windows[ I am saying genuine because pirated Windows are used in many countries] upgrade to the latest version.
Check if you have large data left in your account then upgrade and enjoy the latest features.